4.18.2010

How am I?




To keep our body I a good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.

-Wise Buddha



Last two weeks ago we were working our asses off even working over the holiday to meet the delivery deadlines of our clients, sleeping minimally or non at all, last week was almost the same thing, with work pilling up and have to do cope up with the load, then felt I was having a flu last Tuesday but still went to work.

Then on Thursday, I was not really feeling well (because of the flu) and was really felt weak so I decided to go and have myself checked-out at Makati Med. Waited my turn which felt like a lifetime and then my turn came up and went in, then was told to be admitted immediately which I though was just because of my flu but was wrong! My blood pressure was already 160/110 (normally should only be 120/80) at that time and this would be my first time to be admitted in a hospital.

Was brought to the Emergency Room and was given medicines and did some tests on me to being down my blood pressure. They tried to attach an IV line on me but since my veins was so small, they had to twist around the needle inside my hand trying to locate my veins.

Stayed at the Emergency Room till the next day since there were still no room available to transferred to since all the room was full that day and the next. It was late in the afternoon on Friday that I was transferred to a private room and was able to sleep well and was also snoring out loud till Saturday morning and was advised the I could go home.

What happened was due to lack of sleep and the pressure to finish our work load, and another factor was the food we were eating… it was all fast foods from pizza to burgers and even oily foods and loads of ice cream!

Now I have to cut back on those foods and get plenty of rest… but still have to work!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment